Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Well now!

Here we are again!  Yes, I am better thank you.  I am still not completely recovered but progressing nicely - as the doctor would say.  I have seen them 3 times so far and am scheduled for 1 more visit this month.  All I have to say is "I'm glad I have an Rx plan".

I think "This is the Day" and I are going to part ways for a little while as I am tired of it and it of me I'm sure.  The fill-in on the top alphabets is a killer.  But first before I set it aside I will go to another section and work on - maybe the house or maybe finish the over one.  Maybe that will keep the mojo going.

My fingers are itching to start on Quaker Christmas II - Songs of the Season.  I love the Quaker as you feel you have accomplished something when you get a motif finished!  Happy Dance!

I am going to visit quilting friends in the mountains of TN in March.  There is a quilt show we will attend then go up the mountain and stitch our little selves silly.  We sew pillowcases by the tens, Care House quilts by the dozen hopefully and sew on our own projects too.  I have nothing special of my own to sew right now so I will help sew Care House quilts from start to finish (except for tying).  I may take along one unfinished quilt project and work on it in between.  This is a very small group - only 4 of us now.  When they started I couldn't join as I worked 3 jobs plus home life but there were probably 4 - 5 others.  Needless to say we have a good time - laughing, talking, sewing, eating, watching movies, reading, watching for bald eagles, and looking at the lake!  What a blessing!

Paul has started his new job.  This is day 2!  Can you really tell anything from just 1 day of meet and greet?  We shall see.

The sun has disappeared behind some clouds or it has just turned overcast here.  I haven't decided which.  The temp is supposed to get to 66 so that is something to look forward to.  I may have to sit and swing on the porch this afternoon.  Yes, I will wear a sweatshirt jacket so I don't get a chill. (Man I sound like I'm about 80 instead of 60 but I am trying to get over this sickness!)

This is FAT TUESDAY so that means that Lent starts tomorrow with Ash Wednesday.  Paul said I should give up 'bitching about everything' for Lent but I don't know - what fun would I have then?  I thought I would try to not be a cranky pants (Sebastian tells me this all the time) but that probably falls into the bitchy category.  What thinks you?

Sorry about no pics this time.  I will send a pic of whatever I stitch on next time.  I pinkie swear! 
So...
Happy Stitching!  my friends

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better. Hopefully you'll be all back to normal soon. I hope Paul likes his new job -- fingers crossed. The get together with friends should be fun. I always love doing things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Susan~~~ I sure should have contacted you about being at ChGrove`~ Duh me!! How about that rain Sunday....dreary, but perfect for Downton Abbey marathon and lots of stitching ( and a nap too!).... So glad to hear about DH job...yea! And all those furbabies are darling...Our oldest son has a red nose Pit Bull that is as goofy as the day is long...Nothing in him aggressive!!

    Glad you are perking up...I think I may need a second round of antibiotics for my sinus infection...Zpack didnt cut it. Let me know if you have found one thing better than another to clean this head out....I am open for suggestions!

    Take care my friend and thanks for visiting my blog...wish I was going to see everyone at FHen in March, but I have another conflict...grrr...

    See ya! Faye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes setting a project aside to finish a small or two gives me a boost - like those Valentines in February! Your quilt retreat sounds like lots of fun! I have an online quilter friend in TN named Susan, too. Hope y'all have loads of fun! Good news about DH job - hope the 'good' continues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're feeling better! I hope Paul likes his new job. I had to laugh at the comments about what you should give up for Lent. I gave up making snarky comments. As a true test, God put a VERY smelly man next to me at Mass on Ash Wednesday. Not that I would have said anything to Sir Odiferous but wow. I wanted to look up at the heavens and say, "Really??? Already you must test me?".

    ReplyDelete