Tuesday, February 28, 2012

last time in February

Yes, this will be my last post this month.

I do have some news to share.  Thank you for all of your comments re: Paul and the new job but... He decided after 4 days that it was not for him.  We were texting furiously back and forth re: leaving the new job.  He talked to his old job and they were HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY to have him back again.  So he told the new company on Friday and started with the old company on Saturday.  What a fast week!  He is much happier now.

But through all of this he found me a shed for a quilt room.  It has double doors on front and 3 windows.  I just need to have more electric outlets installed and then electric run to the power box.  Now I know that you are saying - A shed? well, it is vinyl sided, has a small loft and a work bench under the back window that runs from side to side.  If the men deliver it soon, I will insert a picture of it.  Please remember that I live in a single-wide trailer (trailer trash it is not!) so the bedrooms are very small.  I will be able to have an actual guest room and a computer room in the house.  The quiltroom will be just a very short walk through the backyard to get to all of the fun and games.

I made a picture of This Is The Day.  It is not a good picture. The Oscars struck me bad.  I was watching and not paying attention evidently because I had stitched 2 more windows and the crown over the door when I noticed that, oops, I was one thread over too far.  So I spent the rest of the Oscars unstitching!


No I did not iron it and yes I left my needle in.  I have stitched the first line in the over one which was the first time I have done this in a large stitching project.  I have stitched over one on 28 ct but the whole project was over one.  Make any sense out of this?  I think I'm rambling.  Oh well!

I am listening to JD Robb.  I have been going through all of the IN DEATH series, in order, as much as I can. They are good listens.  I haven't seen the new movie ONE FOR THE MONEY from Janet Evanovich.  I don't know if I can get past the cast of characters.  I pictured them all a certain way and that is not what is showing up on the screen.  Oh well, I will probably see it sometime on DVD.  Does anyone think Stephanie Meyers will make a 5th novel about Edward, Bella, and the baby grown up?  I would love it as I have loved all of the books and the movies.

Well the delivery men are supposed to be here this hour (between 1 and 2) but you know men - sometimes they are where you want them when you want them and sometimes they aren't!  Go figure!  I may edit if they show up soon.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

  1. Your This is the Day is looking good! I know what you mean about the over one versus the over one that's all over one. :D Bummer about the frogging too. The Oscars will do that. lol! Hope your shed came soon after you posted this. I'm looking forward to seeing a pic. And good for your DH on moving back to his old job -- being happy is important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the Day is looking so good. Hopefully the frogs will stay away. That's great that your DH was able to go back to his hold job. It's so important to be happy with a job because you have to spend so much time there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have thought about buying one of those sheds for a finishing room. I also live in a trailer on my own land, not a park. I do have a half a house addition on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TitD looks great! YGG! Sorry about the frogging. I had a nightmare last night that I was stitching a house and decided to color it in with black permanent marker, but forgot to add a door. Bizarro!

    Congrats on the new quilt room! I would love something like that. I definitely wouldn't cast aspersions it. My husband picked up a discarded office bookcase, left it outside in the driveway for a few days (which, in Ireland, means rain), then hacked it down to fit under the stairs. He didn't cut it small enough and when my son was helping to wedge it in, he stepped on the bottom shelf and broke it. They left it like that--so it's slanted at an angle and essentially not usable at the moment. That was 3 weeks ago. The idea was so that I could put my quilt and stitching stuff on it. Oy.

    ReplyDelete