Tuesday, February 1, 2011

a finish and progress




Sampling Halloween
Lizzie Kate
28 ct dirty linen
mostly recommended threads
restarted 1-9-11
finished 1-30-11

Sorry for the out of focus but I am not a good picture taker as you can see.  My hand shakes too much so you get what you see.  Just a note on the Halloween.  I have discovered that I can't count on dark fabric, at least that is what I am using as an excuse.
  The next pic also out of focus is a progress on Quaker Christmas Sampler you will have to look back at previous post to see the start but this is the progress.  My fingers were flying!
It has only taken me about a half hour of playing with the computer to figure out how to put the pic in again.  I couldn't remember what I had done the other day as that was a fluke that I was able to achieve it at all.

A friend - Debby - had wanted to see a few of my quilts so here are a few pics.  I hope you enjoy them also.

These are the first 6 blocks on the left side of the quilt.  It is Folk Art Angel - Block of the Month from Cabin Fever Designs (Robyn Pandolph - designer) 1995.  I made the quilt with my Mother's help as we hand appliqued.  It was done in 1996.  I had it machine quilted by a friend and co-worker Mickey.  What a great friend!  Here are the rest of the quilt blocks.



Those are the two close up pic so you can see the detail on the block. Simple embroidery stitches and embellishments were added to each block.





This is the label I appliqued on the back with all of the info on.

These next pics are 2 quilts both the same quilt but slightly different.  They are both 'The Winter Quilt' from Snowbound by Red Wagon.  These are from back in 1991 and 1992 when the book first hit the market.  They are both hand appliqued and hand quilted with blocks and sashing done on the machine.




This is the first The Winter Quilt that I made and here is the second one.

Did you see the angel flying over the sheep?  You have to add these things are the top is assembled.  That was the last picture.  Aren't you glad?  The label for the back of the quilt was three snowballs side by side with the information written on them.

Hope you had fun reading and looking at pictures today.  I'll try not to include so many pics in one post in the future as I know it takes time to download.  I just hope that I can remember what I did to capture the pics and then post.  Faulty memory.

I hope you all stay warm and dry.  Please send prayers to those fellow stitchers that have family issues at the moment - family death, illness, loss of beloved pet.

Until next time    Happy Stitching!



6 comments:

  1. I love all your quilts! Beautiful! And your stitching looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what beautiful quilts!! That is WAY beyond my quilting capabilities. :)
    Thanks you so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment. It's always nice to see a new face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice progress on the stitching! Your quiilts are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful, beautiful quilts! I can't imagine trying to decide which one is my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you know if you squint and look at the pics they look clear? lol Anyway, we can tell they are nice! Love your quilts.....

    ReplyDelete